Pilates Pre-natal & Post Parto.
If there ever was a time to start Pilates it is while you are pregnant or recouperating from pregnancy, our relaxing pilates studio in the centre of Barcelona is the perfect place to take private or group pilates classes, on the mat or the reformer. The Pilates classes will change step by step as your pregnancy or recovery progresses.
Pilates clases, the safe way to exercise during Pregnancy
Exercise during pregnancy is a worry for many women as they fear they might harm their unborn child. Pilates is a gentle form of exercise which focuses specifically on the muscles most affected during pregnancy. As a low impact exercise method, it allows the practitioner to perform the exercises without putting strain on the joints or the back. As such, it is viewed as one of the safest forms of exercise for a pregnant woman. It is felt that the strengthening of the core and pelvis floor muscles allows for an easier pregnancy, delivery, and post birth recovery. Pilates pre- natal y post parto.
Pilates during pregnancy, step by step
- During the first trimester. Many women feel fatigue and nauseous and need a gentle, flowing form of exercise. The pilates classes concentrates on improving breathing techniques, flexibility, and strengthening your body while giving your mind space to concentrate and relax. Many women find Pilates invigorating and a way to connect with their changing body and enjoy the mat classes as it allows them to connect with there baby to be. Pilates pre- natal y post parto.
- The second trimester. Brings a change in hormones which leaves many women feeling energized. At this stage your Pilates classes and routine concentrates on the body areas that are most affected by pregnancy, preparing the muscles for the third trimester and the delivery. Pilates pre- natal y post parto.
- The third trimester. Can be physically tiring for many women and the hormones that are released to loosen the pelvic joints can cause back pain. The additional weight can lead to a lack of balance, poor posture, swollen legs and varicose veins. Pilates helps all of these conditions by strengthening the central or “core” muscles which in turn leads to improved posture and circulation. In our Pilates studio and with many of our students we have enjoyed teaching pilates class after class where a lot of these previous mentioned points have been avoided as regular pilates classes have helped prevent these later developements in the pregnancy. Pilates pre- natal y post parto.
- At delivery. Women claim Pilates has helped their delivery because of their improved muscle tone, circulation (more oxygen to the womb which is less distressing for the baby) and breathing techniques.
- Resuming Pilates after Childbirth. Women can generally return to Pilates classes four to six weeks after delivery, or eight to twelve weeks after a Ceasarean section. Your doctor will advise you on when your body is ready. Pilates reformer and mat will help your body regain its shape and tone and strengthen muscles that have been weakened during your pregnancy. Exercises can be adapted to individual needs, so whether you have had a vaginal or caesarian delivery, a safe workout can be developed to target particular muscle groups. Pilates pre- natal y post parto.
SimplyBePilates, a center for pilates in Barcelona, our pilates studio strongly recommend private or semi private classes for pre and post natal. For more information please feel free to click here to contact us.
This post is also available in: Spanish